SB 1784 amends the Illinois Pension Code to generally prohibit the disclosure of the following information for members and participants of pension funds and retirement systems:
(1) The individual’s home address (including ZIP code and county);
(2) The individual’s date of birth;
(3) The individual’s home and personal phone number;
(4) The individual’s personal email address;
(5) Personally identifying member or participant deduction information; and
(6) Any membership status in a labor organization or other voluntary association affiliated with a labor organization or labor federation (including whether participants are members of such organization, the identity of such organization, whether or not participants pay or authorize the payment of any dues or moneys to such organization, and the amounts of such dues or moneys).
However, this prohibition does not apply to disclosures (1) required under the Freedom of Information Act, (2) for purposes of conducting public operations or business, or (3) to a labor organization or other voluntary association affiliated with a labor organization or labor federation.
SB 1784 further amends the Freedom of Information Act to exempt the information prohibited from disclosure under the Illinois Pension Code from inspection and copying under the Freedom of Information Act.
SB 1784 also makes other changes.
SB 1784 takes effect immediately upon becoming law.