- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues. Align business goals with applications roadmaps and priorities.
- Using system knowledge expertise, collaborate with the team to help define, implement and execute an enterprise wide system use strategy; develop and enhance current software solutions.
- Apply extensive knowledge of software best practices while serving as an internal advisor to user groups and make recommendations to help optimize use and efficiency of systems.
- Initiate and perform system and business process reviews and other service reviews to evaluate system utilization for maximum efficiency.
- Understand business reporting requirements and assist with the design and development requirements for reports. Develop maintenance and upgrade calendar to effectively oversee, test and implement new modules and upgrades which keep the applications updated and error free.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine if the intended functionality is in conflict with or duplicative to currently deployed software.
- Analyze all requested changes to the system for appropriateness and consideration of impact on the system efficiency and integrity of our data.
- Communicate changes and upgrades to organization and coordinate approvals of both the change and the timing to implement the change.
- Track and report status on all user change requests for the application portfolio.
- Follow-up on all changes performed on application to verify completion.
- Ensure that new and existing software integrations meet functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications. Monitor automated processing of data between various software solutions to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) documentation for enterprise applications.
- Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users, hold clinics as necessary, and other user-related activities. Assist organization with using existing and new functionality of the application. Update the company backup procedures according to new or modified applications.
- Update the company Disaster Recovery setup and procedures, ensuring that new applications or application updates are part of the DR.
- Manage SharePoint Online and related systems.
- Manage Enterprise Applications technical staff: Hires, reviews, promotions, schedule, etc.
Other enterprise applications:
- Understand overarching business need for the application and keep current with changes to the system.
- Keep application updated and error free by organizing/scheduling upgrades and patches.
- Schedule environment upgrades with organization and IT team.
- Follow up on all changes performed on application to verify completion.
- Use in-depth knowledge and skills in Microsoft SQL and relative systems to perform a full range of SQL queries.
- Using your advanced understanding of Enterprise systems to create and modify tables, views and reports as needed.
- Apply your expertise in ERP systems, SQL and web applications to decipher errors and find solutions.
- Routinely create relational tables and databases; design and build views to display data; and import and validate data from various types of input.
- Approve department invoices related to the systems this role administers ensuring accurate billing is followed per contract terms.
- Review, grant and revoke user access rights to our Enterprise software and other related applications.
- Maintain annual maintenance agreements.
- Liaise with outside software vendors and consultants and represent the best interests of SURS.
- Work with both internal and external auditors on audit activities.
- Support for service desk on various service desk tickets if they are escalated.
- Assign project tasks and service desk tickets to Enterprise Applications Analyst as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in computer science; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- More than five years of experience implementing and supporting major enterprise platforms.
- Experience managing a project team of functional and technical specialists (internal and external), with demonstrable experience planning, organizing and implementing software roadmaps.
- Knowledge of enterprise system integrations.
- Stakeholder management, vendor and partner management experience.
- Experience in BI report writing is a plus (i.e. Power BI, Tableau, BI Edge).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Microsoft SQL software experience is required.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software is required.
- Ability to write and understand moderately complex web code.
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise platforms (e.g. LAMP stack, Azure, AWS).
- Ability to think strategically and translate between the business requirements and the technical specifications.
- Demonstrated ability at leading solutions that solve business problems; ability to influence the opinions, approach of business and IT team members.
- Able to stay up-to-date with technology through guided learning or self-study.
- Ability to effect organizational change needed to improve effectiveness of enterprise applications deployed in the business.
- Establish structures and processes to plan and manage the orderly implementation of change.
- Listen and respond constructively to others' ideas.
- Ability to measure the quality of one’s own work.
- Attention to detail is imperative to success in this position.
- Able to effectively handle several problem or tasks at once.
- Problem solving/analytical abilities is critical.
- Provide assistance to others when needed.
- Insurance benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Participation in SURS retirement plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and 11 paid holidays
- Business casual attire
Apply for this Position
This position is 100% in-office time. Applicants are subject to a background check as terms of hire.
SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.