The State Universities Retirement System (SURS) is one of the five state-funded retirement plans and provides retirement, survivor, death and disability benefits on behalf of more than 230,000 members from 61 employers in Illinois, including state universities, community colleges and state agencies. SURS administers benefits and oversees a large investment program with assets approximating $21.8 billion.
The Office Support Associate is responsible for sorting, processing, and distributing incoming and outgoing mail. He or she handles shipping and receiving (including certified mail, regular and overnight packages); serves as an imaging operator during periods of higher than normal document volumes; and serves as a backup/assistant to the building engineer as needed for simple requests (e.g. furniture moves).
- Sort, process, and distribute incoming mail and documents; research addresses to determine the correct department to scan and deliver documents to
- Prep, date stamp, and scan incoming documents, checks, and internal mail into the e-storage system; distribute to appropriate department and/or employee(s)
- Process mailing projects using the folder-inserter machine; determine appropriate type of envelope to be used and program the folder-inserter machine to specific project requirements
- Prepare and print labels for packages to be shipped; track shipments as needed
- Run outgoing mail on postage machine; maintain spreadsheet for postage and meter balances
- Validate guest access to the facilities via video speaker system
- Fill and deliver office supply requests
- Assist in the delivery of interoffice mail and supplies
- Act as a back up to the building engineer as needed
Desirable Credentials and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED; one plus years of customer service experience; one plus years of experience utilizing a multi-line phone system; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous mail room related experience is desired
- Competency with Microsoft Office Products
Apply for this Position
This position is 100% in-office time. Applicants are subject to a background check as terms of hire.
SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.