The State Universities Retirement System (SURS) is one of the five state-funded retirement plans and provides retirement, survivor, death and disability benefits on behalf of more than 230,000 members from 61 employers in Illinois, including state universities, community colleges and state agencies. SURS administers benefits and oversees a large investment program with assets approximating $21.8 billion.
This position will support SURS at their Champaign HQ by providing support to include technical advice, guidance, and informal training to end users (locate and remote) for hardware and software. Perform necessary diagnostic and corrective actions for hardware and software problems. Respond, resolve and document all service tickets using Team Dynamix. Provide high level of customer satisfaction in a timely manner.
The right candidate will possess a balance of both technical and soft skills. They will understand desktop hardware and software, be process oriented and strive for continual learning and improvement. They will also have a business professional demeanor with good verbal and written skills. This position will be both on the phone (remote users), and hands-on for local end users.
- Respond to incoming support issues via phone and email while providing an excellent customer service experience
- Document work and resolution for each customer issue
- Create, update and delete user accounts as requested
- Facilitate IT onboarding process by training new employees on provisioned hardware
- Support users on Microsoft platform (OS and Office)
- Support, install and configure technology
- Develop and maintain support documents and end-user documentation
- Perform inventory management
- Perform other duties as assigned
Desirable Credentials and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Active Directory
- Familiarity with PC hardware
- Knowledge of Windows Server, 2003, 2008, 2012/2012 R2
- Expertise in MS Office 365
- Experience in Network Troubleshooting (IP, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Understanding of VoIP Technology
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management (AirWatch preferred)
Apply for this Position
This position is 100% in-office time. Applicants are subject to a background check as terms of hire.
SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.