The Application Developer participates in analysis, program design, coding, QA, documentation, implementation, support and other development tasks needed to produce web-based applications utilized by both internally and externally. Qualified candidates should demonstrate technical leadership and ability to function as a project resource.
- Codes/implements/integrates/documents necessary software objects (programs, reports, scripts, etc.) utilizing team's supported language/tools.
- Collects business requirements and evaluates departmental web/client server application solutions, committed to member server excellence.
- Implements strategies necessary to reach objectives of the organization through the development and delivery of technology-based applications. Collects business requirements, analyzes/designs solutions, provides excellent member service.
- Assists both internally and externally in finding solutions as it related to the interfacing of disparate applications throughout SURS.
- Creates test plans and coordinates QA with end user community.
- Provides guidance to management and staff in planning, designing and implementing technical solutions.
- Develops and maintains an advanced technical skill set at a high level for database and web programming.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Associate's degree with programming courses and an additional three years of web development experience.
- Five years experience in computers/information technology - software development.
- Five years experience in Ddatabase management.
- Two years experience in report writing/development.
- Five years of experience coding in one or more of the team's programming language.
- Five years of experience in the design, development, QA, maintenance and implementation of web-based applications in a multi-tier environment.
- Five years of experience working with relational databases.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to function well in stressful situations.
- Ability to function well as part of a team.
- Ability to resolve routine to complex problems by following departmental procedures with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Insurance benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Participation in SURS retirement plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and 11 paid holidays
- Business casual attire
Apply for this Position
SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.